AUGUST 2012 NEWSLETTER
Ride Better, Ride Healthier
I can’t believe we are almost at the end of August already. I hope all of you had a great summer filled with lots of fun on your horses. I’m riding three very different horses, a draft horse, a quarter horse and a Tennessee Walker, and having a blast! I love to learn about each one of their personalities and how to cater my riding and movement to suit each one of them.
In this month’s newsletter you’ll find:
- A YouTube link to some EQUESTRIAN PILATES® foot exercises that I posted.
- A few updates about how to get certified in EQUESTRIAN PILATES® – the next online course starts this October.
- A short article on taking care of your skin through good nutrition. As you know as riders we get a lot of sun exposure so it’s really important to take care of our skin.
- A short article on how GYROTONIC® can improve your ride.
Per usual if you have any questions about how you can improve your ride send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elizabeth Hanson, Creator of EQUESTRIAN PILATES®.
Your feet are just as important as your horse’s feet.
Do you ever come home from work or back to the barn with sore feet? When your feet are sore they can dramatically affect the way you move on and off the horse. Sore feet can even affect our alignment and balance in the saddle. Click on the link below to watch a short five-minute video with foot exercises that you can easily do at home.
GYROTONIC® for the Equestrian
I’ve been teaching GYROTONIC® to equestrians for about 5 years and all of my clients tell me it is one of the best ways to improve their ride. (Next to EQUESTRIAN PILATES®, of course.)
While it has been around for a few years, most people have never heard of it, which is particularly sad since it’s benefits for the equestrian are many-fold. In my opinion, the best part of this exercise program is that you always walk away feeling great. It creates an openness and balance in the body that can not be replicated with any other program.
So what is it? It is an exercise modality that was developed by Julio Horvath that guides you to simultaneously stretch and strengthen muscles and tendons while also articulating and mobilizing the joints. It also helps increase coordination, endurance, and aerobic activity. Overall it emphasizes joint articulations without compression, thus strengthening ligaments at each attachment.
Some of it’s benefits to the equestrian include:
- Improved balance in the saddle.
- Improved ability to stay centered over your horse.
- Improved ability to find your seat bones and use them correctly while using your seat.
- Better ability to be supple in the back and to sit upright in the saddle without gripping or tensing the body.
- Better independent use of the aids.
Frankly, the best way to understand it is to try it! If you live near Camarillo, CA come try it with me. Just give me a call at 805-338-5765 or email me at email@example.com.
Take advantage of my introductory special of 3 EQUESTRIAN PILATES® or GYROTONIC® sessions for only $150!
GYROTONIC® is a trademark of Gyrotonic Sales, Inc. and is used with their permission.
Upcoming EQUESTRIAN PILATES® Certification
Take advantage of the EQUESTRIAN PILATES® name already seen in Horse Illustrated, Dressage Today, The Gaited Horse, Polo Players Edition, England’s Equestrian Magazine and More! EQUESTRIAN PILATES® can help your clients sit the trot better, perfect the use of the aids, develop a stronger seat, reduce back pain and have more fun on horseback. Learn about the
- The Riding-Pilates Connection
- Off the Horse Rider Assessment
- Common Riding Problems and their Corrections
- EQUESTRIAN PILATES® Mat Exercises
- Marketing Your EQUESTRIAN PILATES® Business
Level 1 EQUESTRIAN PILATES® Mat certification is now offered ONLINE via video conference call or by Self Study Course
Level 1 meets online 1 time per week for 10 weeks starting Tuesday, October 2 from 2 to 3:30 PST.
Level 2 EQUESTRIAN PILATES® Apparatus certification is now a 2 1/2 day workshop held in Camarillo, CA – a truly wonderful place to get away for a short break!
Level 2 will be held in Camarillo, CA over 2 1/2 days. Dates TBD.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete course description and registration package.